- Establishes mineral balance in purified (RO/DI) and soft water for all freshwater and planted aquariums.
- Reconstitutes Reverse Osmosis, Deionized or Distilled Water for freshwater aquarium use.
- Adds minerals that have been removed by those filtration methods.
- Provides potassium, calcium, magnesium, and sodium for overall health and osmoregulation of fishes, invertebrates, and aquatic plants.
- Made in the USA.
Reconstitutes Reverse Osmosis, Deionized or Distilled Water for Freshwater Aquarium Use
- Reconstitutes Reverse Osmosis, Deionized or Distilled Water for freshwater aquarium use. Adds minerals that have been removed by those filtration methods.
- Establishes an optimal mineral balance in water that has been purified (e.g. reverse osmosis, deionization, etc.) or is exceedingly-soft (e.g. well water in forested regions) for all freshwater community aquaria, as well as for freshwater biotope aquaria housing fishes indigenous to forested and/or riverine habitats.
- Provides a beneficial ratio of potassium, calcium, magnesium, and sodium, elements which are vital to the overall health and osmoregulation of fishes, invertebrates, andmany aquatic plants.
- May be used to establish water parameters conducive to the husbandry of freshwaterfishes, plants, and invertebrates in aquaria filled with purified water, to replenish depletedelemental concentrations in aquaria that rarely receive a water change, and to re-establish beneficial mineral concentrations in aquaria following large water changes.
Fishes and aquatic plants and invertebrates require that specific elements be present in the water to aid with osmotic balance and ensure proper biochemical function, contributing to overall long-term health and survival. Remineralīz fulfills this requirement with a formulation based on data compiled from up-to-date aquatic research.
Calcium is required for blood clotting, bone formation, and several metabolic processes in fish, and is required for cell wall stability/permeability and enzymatic processes in plants.
Potassium and Sodium are of extreme importance to fishes, as they are required for proper neurological and muscular functioning. Potassium is also required for protein synthesis, water and charge balance, and enzyme activation in plants.
Magnesium is a component of chlorophyll and is utilized in enzyme activation.
Sulfur is a component of proteins and the coenzymes that are involved with nutrient utilization and growth.
Silicon, as silica, is an important component of plant cells, helping increase their strength and improving root growth, and acts as a buffer against pH shift.
Note that TDS and GH are not measuring the same ionic concentrations, and therefore they do not necessarily have a direct conversion; GH is related to the sum of divalent cations (predominantly calcium and magnesium) in solution, whereas TDS (total dissolved solids) measures the concentration of conductive substances in solution. This information is provided for reference purposes only. In general, aquatic habitats located in forested regions have a relatively-low concentration of dissolved inorganic substances, hence the general hardness and TDS are also low. Remineralīz is formulated to adjust water chemistry in aquaria housing fishes and plants indigenous to nearly every aquatic habitat, however it is recommended that Rift Lake Chemie be used to remineralize purified water meant for use in aquaria housing fishes from the East African Rift Lakes, as it has been formulated specifically for that purpose.
Instructions and Guidelines
Consult a reference book listing the water chemistry requirements of the fishes and/or plants being maintained to determine the optimal range of GH and/or TDS. Remember to adjust pH and temperature of the water prior to adding it into an aquarium housing live organisms.
Determine GH and/or TDS in the aquarium prior to treating purified water with Remineralīz, then follow directions below accordingly. Shake bottle well before each use.
To increase GH/TDS in a pre-established aquarium: Dose up to 5 ml Remineralīz per 20 US-gallons per hour until desired GH/TDS value is attained. Changes to water chemistry, regardless of the parameter being adjusted, should always be done gradually rather than rapidly.
When preparing water for a water change: For every 10 US-gallons of water to be changed, add 5 ml (~1 capful) Remineralīz to purified water or tap water and mix thoroughly. Assuming a starting GH and TDS of 0, this will result in an increase of ~3.0 dGH and ~86 ppm, respectively. When employed at this dosing rate, 500 ml treats 1,000 US-gallons (3,785 L).
When preparing water for a new aquarium set up: Always adjust the water chemistry prior to adding live organisms to the aquarium. If setting up a planted aquarium and placing the plants into the substrate prior to completely filling the aquarium, adjust the GH, KH, pH, and temperature of the water in a separate vessel (e.g. in a large, clean pail or vat) before adding it to the aquarium. Do not add a large volume of purified water to the aquarium and then attempt to adjust the water chemistry afterwards, as this will be stressful to the inhabitants. Use the Advanced Instructions to calculate the amount of Remineralīz that will be required to bring about the desired change in GH/TDS to the volume of water to be used.
Advanced Instructions: Each ml of Remineralīz will increase the GH and TDS in 1 US-gallon of water by 6 dGH and 173 ppm, respectively. To obtain a specific GH and/or TDS value, divide the desired change in GH by 6 (or if TDS is preferred, divide the desired change in TDS by 173), then multiply this number by the net volume of water (in gallons) in the aquarium. Example: if the GH in 20 US-gallons is to be increased by 4 dGH, then add 16 ml Remineralīz (4 ÷ 6 = 0.8 ml per gallon; 0.8 ml per gallon x 20 gallons = 16 ml).
Caution: May cause eye or skin irritation. If in eyes, flush with water for 15 minutes, get medical attention. If on skin, wash thoroughly with water. Keep out of reach of children.
Balanced monovalent and multivalent cation mixture with appropriate anions and trace minerals, along with buffering compounds to replicate natural waters.
Payment & Security
Your payment information is processed securely. We do not store credit card details nor have access to your credit card information.