- Establishes biological filtration in new aquarium set-ups.
- Most efficient bioculture on the market.
- Reduces nitrogen, nitrates, nitrites, phosphates, ammonia & organic carbon in all marine and freshwater aquariums with extremely effective microbes and enzymes.
- Veterinarian Pathologist tested and recommended.
- Made in the USA.
Complete Bioculture for Establishing Biological Filtration & Rapidly Improving Water Quality
- Complex system of non-pathogenic aerobic and anaerobic microbes, as well as natural enzymes, specifically formulated to establish biological filtration in new aquarium set-ups, and to enhance the rate of nitrification, denitrification, and organic waste degradation in marine and freshwater aquaria through complete nutrient remineralization.
- Reduces nitrates and phosphates
- Used the world over for more than 12 years
- Veterinarian Pathologist tested and recommended
- Supplied in a state of suspended animation for maximum longevity, 2 yr. shelf life from date of manufacture
- Formulated utilizing extensive data compiled by microbiologists.
1. Rapid reduction of organic carbon, ammonia, nitrite, nitrate, and phosphate.
2. Digestion of uneaten/undigested food, excreta, detritus, and other latent organic material, resulting in cleaner and healthier aquarium substrate
3. Reduction of organic compounds into nutrients that encourage the growth of photosynthetic organisms
4. Greatly-reduced hydrogen sulfide production.
5. Increase in dissolved oxygen concentration.
6. Limits availability of pre-existing phosphate to undesirable forms of algae and cyanobacteria.
7. Increased water clarity.
The concentration of dissolved and particulate organic materials in any aquatic environment can have a significant impact on the overall appearance of, as well as the health of organisms residing within, that system. Relatively low-nutrient environments are characterized by high water clarity, lack of unpleasant odors, and absence of microalgae and cyanobacteria; this is collectively a result of the lack of nitrogen-, phosphorus-, and carbon-based waste available. Aquaria that are relatively rich in available nutrients have characteristics opposite to the afore mentioned, and are typically not desirable because of the resultant appearance of the system and the difficulty of maintaining healthy aquarium inhabitants.
Brightwell Aquatics MicrōBacter7 is a selective complex of extremely effective microbes and enzymes that rapidly reduces the concentrations of organic nitrogen, ammonia, nitrite, nitrate, phosphate, and organic carbon in all marine and freshwater ecosystems, leading to greatly improved water quality; better water quality typically leads to healthier aquarium inhabitants.
MicrōBacter7 does not require refrigeration, however storage in a cool, shaded area will prolong the activity of the product. Refrigeration will maximize the shelf-life of the product.
Instructions and Guidelines
Shake product well before using. Mix appropriate volume of MicrōBacter7 (see below) with 250-ml (~8 fl. oz.) of aquarium water in a clean container prior to addition to aquarium. If using a pipette to dispense MicrōBacter7 below water level of container or aquarium, be sure to thoroughly clean pipette with fresh water prior to placing tube back into MicrōBacter7 bottle; failure to do so will contaminate the product. Best results may be obtained by adding mixture to external biological filtration system (if applicable). Do not add to pump intake port(s). For best results, use within 1-year of purchase date. For best results, use with FaStart-M per the instructions on that label, to provide nutrients to get the bacteria started rapidly. (Do not use with QuikCycl) The following recommendations are based upon extensive testing and will produce the best results in most aquaria.
Medium- to High-nutrient Systems, or to seed Biological Filtration in new aquaria: To effectively decrease the concentration of available nutrients and waste material in all marine and freshwater aquaria, add 5 ml (1 capful) per 25 US-gallons (94.6 L) [≈4 drops per gallon (3.8 L)] of aquarium water daily for the first two weeks of use; the impact that MicrōBacter7 has on an aquarium is most evident within this period. Turn protein skimming and UV-sterilization off for a period of 4 hours following addition to aquaria. A noticeable difference in water clarity is typically apparent within 30-minutes of dosing. Follow same instructions for new aquarium start-up. Thereafter, switch to “low-nutrient” dosage (below).
Stable, Low-nutrient Systems: To maintain a low concentration of available nutrients in all marine and freshwater aquaria, 5 ml (1 capful) of MicrōBacter7 per 50 US-gallons (189.3 L) [≈2 drops per gallon (3.8 L)] of aquarium water no more than once each week; alternately, add 1 ml per 50 US-gallons daily (or 1 ml per 25 US-gallons every other day). Turn protein skimming and UV-sterilization off for a period of 4 hours following addition to aquaria. Dosage may be adjusted according to perceived benefit to aquarium, however it is recommended that the dosage not exceed 1 ml per 25 US-gallons per day. With time, hobbyists may determine that decreasing the dosage and/or dosing frequency by up to 50% sufficiently maintains a low-nutrient environment. During changes in biological filtration or when increasing the aquarium bioload, dose 1 ml per 25 US-gallons daily for one week, then resume “low-nutrient” dosage.
Caution: Keep out of reach of children. Not for human consumption.
Purified water, proprietary blend of natural enzymes and non-pathogenic, beneficial microorganisms.
Payment & Security
Your payment information is processed securely. We do not store credit card details nor have access to your credit card information.