Encourages increased coloration through biochrome production in corals, clams, and their allies.
- Used with CoralAmino and Restor to increase growth rate and coloration.
- Provides numerous elements that give coloration to plant and animal cells through biochromes.
- Provides trace quantities of elements for gradual incorporation of biochromes in zooxanthellae (chlorophylls a and c, beta carotene, and xanthophylls).
- Does not influence population density of zooxanthellae to maintain overall health and survival of the host organism.
- Made in the USA.
- Widely used by professional coral farmers along with CoralAmino and Restor to increase growth rate and coloration
- Provides numerous elements important to the formation of various biochromes (biological pigments), complex molecules that give coloration to plant and animal cells through their selective color-absorption and -reflection characteristics.
- Formulated specifically to provide trace quantities of elements for gradual incorporation into, and formation of, biochromes known to occur within zooxanthellae, such as chlorophylls a and c, beta carotene, and xanthophylls.
- Does not influence population density of zooxanthellae, which would put the overall health and survival of the host organism in a precarious situation.
- Formulated by a marine scientist.
In many ways, aquarium husbandry may be thought of as an artistic expression of the hobbyist in which living organisms are the figurative colors on a painter’s canvas. Images of vividly-colored marine fishes and invertebrates co-existing in reef ecosystems are the inspiration of many marine aquarium hobbyists, and the acquisition (and maintenance) of healthy, colorful corals and clams is a primary aspect of achieving the desired appearance of a captive reef habitat. Much of the observed coloration of corals, clams, and their allies, is attributable to biological pigments created by symbiotic zooxanthellae residing within their tissues. These pigments are termed “Biochromes”, and their formation and perceived appearance are at least partially influenced by the presence of trace elements that form the basis of more complex molecules. Certain characteristics of the light source(s) used to illuminate the aquarium will also influence the observed coloration of an organism, however the actual coloration of the organisms will still be primarily dictated by the pigments present, their ratios to one another in the same tissue, and other physical, chemical, and biological factors.
KoralColor provides elements that are known to be incorporated into a number of biochromes. Used as directed, KoralColor will provide elements that may be utilized by captive marine organisms to enhance their coloration. It is not intended for use as a general supplement for maintaining natural seawater concentrations of elements for the purpose of satisfying enzymatic and neurological requirements of aquarium inhabitants; for this, use Brightwell Aquatics Replenish.
Instructions and Guidelines
Although the tendency of many hobbyists may be to dose heavily in hopes of obtaining “brighter invertebrates faster”, this product must be used as directed below for maximum positive results. Do not overdose, as doing so may be detrimental to the long-term health of the aquarium inhabitants. Dose according to the following guidelines, and base the specific dosage required for an aquarium on the total volume in the entire system (including sump(s), water displacement by rock and bottom substrate, etc.). The general purpose of providing the elements incorporated into biochromes is not necessarily color change, but color intensification. Because every aquarium presents different chemical and biological conditions, the dosages provided above are intended as general guidelines, to which the hobbyist should alter as the requirements and appearance of the aquarium inhabitants dictate. We encourage hobbyists to use this product responsibly and only as directed.
For Best Results: Use simultaneously with CoralAminō and with Restōr . Many professional coral farmers use the combination of our excellent amino acid products with the KoralColor to provide superior growth, health and vibrant color.
Basic: Add 5 ml (~100 drops) per 50 US-gallons (94.6 L) every three days (alternatively, twice a week).
Recommended: Add one drop per US-gallon (3.8 L) daily. It is not uncommon for the coloration of some of the lighter, “warm-colored” pigments (such as yellow and pale orange) in corals and clams to take on a slightly “cooler” coloration (such as lime or aqua). If this is observed and is undesirable, decrease dosing by 25% on a weekly basis until the original color returns to the organism, and maintain the new dosage.
Caution: Keep out of reach of children. Not for human consumption.
Purified water, proprietary blend of major, minor, and trace elements known to be incorporated into biological pigments (biochromes).
Payment & Security
Your payment information is processed securely. We do not store credit card details nor have access to your credit card information.