- Fine, high porosity, kiln fired clay granular substrate for planted and freshwater shrimp aquariums.
- Rich in many natural minerals, particularly iron, for plant growth and health.
- Designed to be used as a base layer just above FlorinBase Laterin Substrat VF and FlorinBase Laterite powder.
- Will not elevate pH.
- Made in the USA.
FlorinBase Laterin Substrat F Instructions
Fine High Porosity Fired Clay Base Substrate for Use in All Planted and Freshwater Shrimp Biotope Aquaria
- Fine, high porosity, kiln fired clay granular substrate
- Designed to be used as a base layer just above FlorinBase Laterin Substrat VF and FlorinBase Laterite powder
- Rich in a plethora of natural minerals, particularly iron, for luscious plant growth and health
- Will not elevate pH
- Rinse well before adding to the aquarium
Iron deficiency in plants causes slow growth rates, poor color for green and red plants and overall poor health. FlorinBase Laterin Substrat F is ideal for planted aquariums because it stores and makes minerals available for plants.
Instructions and Guidelines
For best results, first use FlorinBase Laterite powder as directed on its label. Then add a layer of FlorinBase Laterin Substrat VF very fine granules to completely cover the laterite. This will allow plant roots to get easy access to the laterite, while preventing excess clouding from the laterite. Next add a layer of FlorinBase Laterin Substrat F, this product, to cover the entire surface. Do not blend this layer with the first two layers. You can now either allow the Substrat F to be your top layer or you can add whatever gravel you prefer. Note: FlorinBase Laterite powder does not require rinsing. Both Substrat VF and Substrat F should be rinsed well before using. Laterite powder can cause a temporary reddening or clouding of the aquarium water. This usually dissipates within a few hours. It is recommended that you use a saucer to pour water on to when filling the aquarium. This will prevent disturbance of the layers of Laterite and substrate. Plants also require potassium and other nutrients. It is recommended that you also use FlorinMulti, FlorinGrō and Florin Axis to provide proper nutrition to your plants.
Payment & Security
Your payment information is processed securely. We do not store credit card details nor have access to your credit card information.