- Highest porosity and largest useable surface area, per unit weight or volume, of all filtration media available
- Designed to be used in marine and freshwater aquariums with a pH of 7. 5 or over
- Provides large amounts of anaerobic surface area for bacterial colonization for denitrification, and sulfur doping to act as an electron donor to accelerate the process in freshwater, ponds or marine applications
- Provides over 71, 000 square feet (6, 596 square meters) of surface area per liter of medium; one plate has about 125, 000 square feet of useable surface area for bacterial colonization
- Reduces phosphate and dissolved organics; Doped with Aragonite to buffer pH at bacteria level, preventing acid buildup which eventually would kill the bacteria and reduce capacity
Xport NO3 Plate
Use one XPort NO3 Plate for every 1, 250 U. S. gallons (4, 750 L) of system capacity, more for heavy bio loads. Normally do not use more than one plate per 100 gallons of tank capacity. Plates may be cut in half for smaller systems or cut any way you like. Rinse material well with aquarium water or purified tap water to remove any dust.
For superior results, seed the material using only the specific bacteria product that you are using in the aquarium. If using MicrōBacter Start XLM, use one capful to seed (add balance of bacteria directly to the aquarium). If using FlorinBacter7, MicrōBacter7 or MicrōBacterCLEAN add full recommended dose. Place XPort NO3 Plate in a plastic container, filling it with aquarium water, and then adding the bacteria to that container. Allow to stand overnight and then add the seeded XPort NO3 Plate to your system. It is recommended that you use sponge, fine filter floss or other mechanical filtration ahead of XPort NO3 Plate to prevent clogging with organic material.
For maximum results, also provide a good carbon source for growing bacteria, such as Brightwell Katalyst bio pellets or liquid Reef BioFuel or Florin Axis, as appropriate for your aquarium, as directed on their labels. Note: Xport is the best bacterial media in the world, but it is not good at gas exchange. Bio balls are the best for gas exchange, so any system will work better with a small stack of bio balls placed in the main flow (in air).