Concentrated dry chlorine, ammonia & chloramine remover for marine & freshwater aquaria & ponds
The Continuum advantage
Fraction is a technologically advanced, maximum strength water conditioner that makes tap water immediately safe for freshwater or marine aquarium use or for ponds. It will remove toxic ammonia, chlorine or chloramine from tap water and will also bind nitrites or nitrates directly in the aquarium. It will immediately remove over-dosages of iodine, medicinal dyes or potassium permanganate.
Use in aquarium keeping
For measuring ammonia, be sure to use an ammonia salicylate test kit. Kits based on Nessler’s reagent will give a false positive reading. Proper control of toxic ammonia is imperative for the health of your inhabitants. Fraction is not meant to take the place of a properly working biological filter or to make up for poor maintenance. To help restore non-functioning bacterial filter, use Continuum BacterGen-M or BacterGen-F depending on the type of aquarium you have.
Directions and protocol
Dissolve 1 gram, about 1/5 teaspoon of product for every 240 US gallons (960 L) of tap water to neutralize up to 3 mg/l of chlorine or chloramines. To neutralize ammonia, add this amount for every 60 US gallons (240 L) for up to 1 mg/l ammonia. Important: Wait 20 to 30 minutes after dosing and measure levels. If not zero, repeat as required. Always adjust temperature of new water to near that of the aquarium prior to addition. Check pH, alkalinity and other important values prior, as necessary.
To treat directly in the aquarium or pond, first measure the ammonia level with an ammonia salicylate test kit. Pre-dissolve product in a few ounces of purified water. Then add dosage for ammonia above. Wait 30 minutes and observe inhabitants for signs of nitrite or nitrate related stress. Measure ammonia level and if not zero, treat again. Up to twice the recommended dosage may be used in emergencies.
Caution: Keep out of reach of children. Not for human consumption. Contains sulfonate salts, if ingested drink plenty of water, consult your medical practitioner or poison control center immediately. If in eyes flush with water for 15 minutes, if redness continues, consult your medical practitioner. If on skin flush with water.