The Continuum advantage
Flora•Viv P is a high quality, concentrated, bio-available phosphorus supplement for freshwater planted aquariums. It is designed to provide phosphorus, a critical key to the uptake of other nutrients in all aquatic plants. Phosphorus deficiency often causes stunted growth and very dark green (almost blue or purple coloration) instead of normal green. Use Flora•Viv first, to provide a wide range of plant nutrients, and then use then use Flora•Viv P, this product, to supplement phosphorus, if necessary (determined by testing!). Flora•Viv products contain no toxic polycycloglutaracetal or glutaraldehyde.
Use in aquarium keeping
Do not overdose this product! It is recommended that the hobbyist maintain an N:P ratio of 10 to 20 parts nitrogen to 1 to one part phosphorus. This ratio will provide steady plant growth, while, to have a higher ratio may cause unwanted algae growth. Simultaneous use of Bacter•Gen F to establish and sustain growth of proper microorganisms and recycle aquarium nutrients will greatly benefit all plants. The use of Flora•Viv Prolifera will provide additional carbon for heavily planted aquariums.
Directions and protocol
Shake well prior to use. Read Use section in opposite sidebar prior. Add up to 1/2 capful (2.5 ml) per 20 US-gallons (80 L) of aquarium water once or twice per week based on testing. Caution: Overuse of phosphorus can cause rapid algae growth, so start with less and observe for signs of algae growth.
Add as required to maintain the concentration between .15 and 1.0 mg/L. Dosing through use of a drip system is a superior method of addition. See our website for compatibility of supplements. Determine the amount of Flora•Viv P to add in milliliters by multiplying your tank capacity in gallons by the amount you want to raise it in mg/l (ppm) and by .8. (Example: if you have a 20 gallon tank and you want to raise the level by .15 ppm with the entire dose, you would multiply 20 x .15 x 0.8 which equals 2.4 ml of Flora•Viv P or 1/2 capful).
Caution: Keep out of reach of children. Not for human consumption. If ingested drink water, contact a poison control center. If in eyes flush with water.