Biological filtration media for complete nitrification in ponds and water gardens
• Designed to be used in ponds or water gardens with a pH of 7.5 or over
• 1 kg of matured FlorinXportBIO can reduce over 1 ppm ammonia in 1,500 US-gallons (5,578 L) each day.
• The highest useful surface area to volume ratio of synthetic biological filtration media currently available on the planet.
• ~45,000 ft2 per 300 g, or 150,000 ft2 per kg, for colonization by beneficial nitrifying bacteria, resulting in rapid and efficient nitrification in even the most heavily-stocked koi ponds and water gardens.
• Vastly improves water clarity.
• Open structure and high surface area results in superior flow-through characteristics and filtration efficiency.
• Higher efficiency relative to conventional media results in smaller space requirements to achieve equivalent nitrification.
• Safe for use in all koi ponds and water gardens.
• May be used in conjunction with FlorinXportNO3 and FlorinXportPO4 to achieve complete ammonia, nitrite, nitrate, and phosphate uptake.
• 100% researched, engineered, and produced in the USA.
Instructions and Guidelines
Place FlorinXportBIO into a clean pail and fill with water from the pond, then add 50-ml of FlorinBac-W (poured into the pail and dispersed by hand), and allow media to remain in this “bath” for 24-hours at ambient temperature (above 50F). Remove FlorinXportBIO media from pail and pour water back into the pond, then place media into canister filter or media receptacle and pump pond water through at the rate of up to 1,000 gph. Do not fluidize the media or place it in a location where a hard stream of water drops onto it (e.g. gravity-fed filtration from a water feature), either of which will cause the media to grind into dust. As long as media remains free of organic build-up, it will perform optimally. To rinse, remove FlorinXportBIO from filter and place into a pail of pond water, gently stir to free the solids from the media (do not wash it with a stream of water from a hose), discard the water and waste, and place media back into use. The use of a sponge or fiber pre-filter to prevent solid waste from clogging pores will improve filtration efficiency and performance, and minimize the need for rinsing the media once it has been put into use. Do not expose the media to biocides, medications, bleach or other oxidizers, which will kill the microbial population off and cause a short-term ammonia and nitrite spike in the pond. If the pond must be medicated or treated with an algaecide, simply remove media from the system, drain water, place the media into a pail covered with a wet towel, and keep it at ambient temperature; it will remain wet, and minimal impact will occur to the beneficial microbes, for up to 72 hours. Once medication has been filtered from the system, place media back into operation. Apply FlorinBac-W or FlorinBac-S (depending upon season) as directed to fortify and maintain microbial balance in the system, particularly after medication occurs.